Home Page > Chicken Recipes
> White Chicken Chili
White Chicken Chili
(Prep Time: 10 minutes. Cooking Time: 25 minutes)
½ cup butter
1 onion, diced
¾ cup flour
32 ounce box, chicken broth
1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
1-2 Tablespoons, chili powder (depending on how much heat you like!
1 Tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
3 cups cooked, cooked chicken
2 (15 ounce) cans undrained cannellini beans
1-2 (4 ounce) cans diced mild green chiles
1. In a large stockpot, melt butter and sauté onions. Stir in flour and mix until flour is well blended
2. Add broth and evaporated milk cook over medium heat while stirring.
3. When mixture is thickened, add remaining ingredients, stirring after each addition. I would recommend adding only 1 can of the chiles at first, tasting, and then adding the other can if you prefer
4. Simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through.
5. Serve with desired toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped onions and cilantro
Serves 6-8 and leftovers freeze well
Click on any of the images below to see what I've pinned to Pinterest recently!. If you like to see the recipes and cooking tips that I discover and pin, I'd love to have you follow me on Pinterest!
Visit Crystal@makedinnereasy's profile on Pinterest.
Thanks for stopping by!
If you enjoy cooking or are looking for new recipes to try,
these are ways to see more yummy ideas:
Each week (usually on Mondays) I send out an e-Newsletter to over 11,000 people with a link to the free dinner menus and printable grocery list that I've created for the week. You can Sign Up for the Newsletter (it's free) to be added to my next mailing.
I also share all kinds of cooking tips and recipes on
Facebook. Twitter. Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram.
I'd love to have you follow along!
page on this site has a comment box, so if you want to share how a
recipe turned out or something you added to make it even better, feel
free to comment below!