1 lb. ground hamburger
2 cans Tomato Soup
2 C rice, uncooked
¼ C Ketchup*
2 C shredded Mozzerella Cheese
1 Pkg. TX Toast
1. Cook rice according to pkg. directions (or in a rice cooker if you have it).
2. Cook hamburger until no longer pink, drain liquid.
3. Mix hamburger, rice and soup. If the mixture seems too dry you can add ¼ cup of ketchup.
4. Spread in a 13x9 baking pan. Sprinkle cheese evenly over top.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 min. or until cheese is lightly browned & bubbly.
Note: This is the picky kid friendly version. The original version calls for 1 small onion, diced. You can also add other vegetables to the mix if you want ie. Green peppers, red peppers etc. Can serve TX Toast along side this dish with a tossed salad.
It serves about 6-8
I've never timed the steps but I can start this all at 4pm and by 5 pm it's all done and ready to serve. And this is a recipe my mother made when I was growing up. I think it's original but I could be wrong too.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Beef Recipes From Friends.
Click on any of the images below to see what I've pinned to Pinterest recently!. If you like to see the recipes and cooking tips that I discover and pin, I'd love to have you follow me on Pinterest!
Visit Crystal@makedinnereasy's profile on Pinterest.
Thanks for stopping by!
If you enjoy cooking or are looking for new recipes to try,
these are ways to see more yummy ideas:
I also share all kinds of cooking tips and recipes on
Facebook . Twitter . Pinterest . and Instagram .
I'd love to have you follow along!
Each page on this site has a comment box, so if you want to share how a recipe turned out or something you added to make it even better, feel free to comment below!