(Prep Time: 25 minutes. Cooking Time 6-8 hours)
4 small red potatoes
1½ cups peeled baby carrots
¼ cup all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon paprika
¼ teaspoon salt and pepper or to taste
1 pound stew beef
1 Tablespoon, olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1.5 cups beef broth
2 Tablespoons tomato paste
1. Scrub potatoes and place potatoes and carrots in a small sauce pan and cover with water. Cook until just fork tender, approximately 10-15 minutes depending on their size. Drain, rinse with cold water and store in the refrigerator in a sealed container until just before serving time.
2. In a large zip style bag, add the flour, paprika, salt and pepper and mix. Add stew beef and toss to coat (save the flour for step 6!)
3. In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium high heat
4. Using tongs, place flour coated stew beef in skillet. Don’t stir right away. Allow meat to brown without stirring which can take 3-4 minutes. Using tongs turn beef and allow to brown on all sides. It’s ok if it sticks a little, this gives your stew more flavor.
5. Once meat is browned, transfer to a slow cooker.
6. Return skillet to medium heat and add onions. When slightly softened. Turn off heat and pour remaining flour into pan. Stir to coat onions and mix flour well. Turn heat on to medium and add remaining ingredients. Stir constantly until slightly thickened and mixed well. Pour this mixture over beef. Cover and cook on high for at least 6 hours or on low for 8-9 hours. The beef with get more tender the longer it cooks.
7. 30 minutes before serving, remove pre-cooked carrots and potatoes from the refrigerator, cut potatoes in ½ and stir both of them into the slow cooker. Adjust seasonings according to your taste.
Click on any of the images below to see what I've pinned to Pinterest recently!. If you like to see the recipes and cooking tips that I discover and pin, I'd love to have you follow me on Pinterest!
Thanks for stopping by!
If you enjoy cooking or are looking for new recipes to try,
these are ways to see more yummy ideas:
I also share all kinds of cooking tips and recipes on
Facebook . Twitter . Pinterest . and Instagram .
I'd love to have you follow along!
Each page on this site has a comment box, so if you want to share how a recipe turned out or something you added to make it even better, feel free to comment below!
Share Your Comments and Tips: