Prep Time: 10 minutes. Cooking Time: 6-9 hours
3-4 pound bottom round beef roast
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 onion, chopped
32 ounces, beef broth
2-3 cups BBQ sauce (amount needed based on your preference)
1. Rub garlic, salt and pepper into the roast
2. Place onion in the bottom of a slow cooker
3. Place roast on top of onions
4. Pour broth on top of roast
5. Cook on high 6 hours or on low 8-9 hours (meat should be fork tender and easy to shred)
6. Remove Roast and let cool slightly, remove any external fat (usually can scrape off with a fork
7. Discard broth and onions from slow cooker
8. Shred beef using 2 forks
9. Return meat to the slow cooker
10. Add BBQ sauce and stir
11. Cook on high for an additional 1-2 hours or until hot. (Instead of returning meat to the slow cooker you could also place meat and BBQ sauce into a casserole dish and bake covered at 350 for 30 minutes or until hot.
12. Serve on hamburger buns or Kaiser rolls
Ratings and Reviews
Just wanted to let you know my family LOVED the slow cooked BBQ beef sandwiches! I am using more of your recipes this week. Cheryl
Click on any of the images below to see what I've pinned to Pinterest recently!. If you like to see the recipes and cooking tips that I discover and pin, I'd love to have you follow me on Pinterest!
Thanks for stopping by!
If you enjoy cooking or are looking for new recipes to try,
these are ways to see more yummy ideas:
I also share all kinds of cooking tips and recipes on
Facebook . Twitter . Pinterest . and Instagram .
I'd love to have you follow along!
Each page on this site has a comment box, so if you want to share how a recipe turned out or something you added to make it even better, feel free to comment below!
Share Your Comments and Tips: