(Prep Time: 15 minutes. Cook Time: 3 hours)
3 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon or concentrated stock paste
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoon paprika
2 cups diced cooked chicken (rotisserie chicken from the grocery store is fine or cook your own)
½ onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
1.5 cups uncooked brown rice (could substitute any kind of long cook rice)
1. Heat the chicken broth on the stove or microwave until hot. Stir in chicken broth paste until dissolved.
2. Place olive oil in bottom of rice cooker, add paprika and stir
3. Add to the rice cooker, in the following order: chicken, tomatoes, onion, garlic, rice. Stir slightly. Pour chicken broth on top
4. Close rice cooker lid and press button for brown rice
5. Rice Cooker will cook meal and internally monitor the moisture level and beep when it is done. Even if you’re not ready to serve when it is done it keeps the meal hot and the rice stays fluffy.
I use an Aroma Brand Rice Cooker that I bought at Costco and it takes 2½ -3 hours to cook. If you don’t use brown rice it will be ready in less time. When it’s done, the rice cooker turns to the “keep warm” mode and I can serve it when I’m ready. I LOVE to make this on weeknights when 1 of my kids has a game after school. I put all the ingredients in the rice cooker, leave the house and when we walk in dinner is ready. It’s also a great way to serve a meal when everyone in the family is eating at different times. I frequently double this recipe and freeze half. Frozen leftovers can be reheated in the oven after thawing.
Slow Cooker Alternative: I have made this in a slow cooker. It tastes fine but it’s a little “mushier” and my family much prefers the rice cooker method.
Click on any of the images below to see what I've pinned to Pinterest recently!. If you like to see the recipes and cooking tips that I discover and pin, I'd love to have you follow me on Pinterest!
Thanks for stopping by!
If you enjoy cooking or are looking for new recipes to try,
these are ways to see more yummy ideas:
I also share all kinds of cooking tips and recipes on
Facebook . Twitter . Pinterest . and Instagram .
I'd love to have you follow along!
Each page on this site has a comment box, so if you want to share how a recipe turned out or something you added to make it even better, feel free to comment below!
Share Your Comments and Tips: