(Prep Time: 15 minutes. Baking time 40 minutes)
1 cup buttermilk, or fat free half and half
6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried oregano
3 Tablespoons, olive oil
1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Place buttermilk or half and half in a large bowl. Add the chicken and toss. Let the chicken sit in the milk bath while you prepare the coating.
2. Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large pie plate.
3. Line a rimmed baking sheet, such as a jelly roll pan, will non-stick aluminum foil. Make sure you place the non-stick side up, Spread the olive oil over the baking sheet
4. Take one piece of chicken at a time out of the milk and dredge the chicken in the crumb mixture, making sure all sides are coated. Place each piece in the oiled jelly roll pan.
5. After all chicken pieces are coated and placed in the pan, turn each piece over. This helps to coat each side with olive oil, while still leaving some olive oil on the pan.
6. Bake in an oven preheated to 350°F for a total of 40 minutes. After 15 minutes, use tongs to turn over each piece of chicken, bake an additional 15 minutes. After 30 minutes of baking, pour the spaghetti sauce over the chicken and top each piece of chicken with a portion of the mozzarella cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.Serves 4-5