Slow Cooker Ginger Beef with Broccoli
(Prep Time: 25 minutes. Cooking Time: 6-8 hours)
2# round steak, cut into small cubes (I buy packaged round tip beef cubes for fondue)
½ cup flour
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon each salt and black pepper
3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 medium onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup beef broth, divided
1/8 cup soy sauce
1 Tablespoon freshly grated ginger root
1 (16 ounce) bag steam fresh frozen broccoli
1. Place four, paprika, salt and pepper in a zip style bag and combine. Add meat to the bag, seal and toss to coat.
2. Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. When hot, add ½ of the flour coated beef. Use a pair of tongs or your fingers to transfer the meat, without any excess flour, to the hot pan.
3. Brown the meat on all sides. This should take about 3-5 minutes for ½” pieces of beef.
4. Place the 1st batch of browned meat in a slow cooker.
5. Add 1 Tablespoon of oil to the skillet and when the skillet is hot, repeat the browning process with the remaining beef until all the beef has been browned and placed in the slow cooker.
6. In the same skillet, heat 1 Tablespoon of oil and sauté the onion and garlic. Add ½ cup of beef broth, the soy sauce and ginger root. When this liquid is hot, pour over the beef in the slow cooker.
7. Cook on low 5-6 hours for ½” beef pieces. If beef is in 1”pieces or larger, cook on low at least 7-8 hours or until beef is tender.
8. When cooking time is complete and beef is tender, add an additional ½ cup of beef broth if desired to make the sauce to your liking in terms of thickness. Additional grated ginger can also be added if desired. Add broccoli which has been steamed on the stove top or in the microwave.
9. Serve over rice.
See More Slow Cooker Recipes Like Slow Cooker Ginger Beef with Broccoli
Return to Dinner Menus and Recipes for This Week