Roasted Beef Tenderloin
Roasted Beef Tenderloin is a wonderfully tender and easy to prepare meal. Although it is more expensive that other cuts of meat, it makes for a terrific special occasion meal.
(Prep Time: 5 minutes. Roasting Time: 35 minutes. Resting Time: 10 minutes)
1 (3 #) beef tenderloin
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves finely minced
½ teaspoon paprika
1. Preheat oven to 475°F
2. Place tenderloin on a rack in a roasting pan. To make clean up easier you can line the pan with foil and then put the rack on top of the foil. If you really want to make clean up a breeze, place a piece of non-stick foil on top of the rack and use an upside down paring knife to cut slits between each of the wires on the rack.
3. Rub olive oil over all surfaces of the meat.
4. Combine all of the spices in a small bowl and using your hand, rub the spice mixture into all sides of the tenderloin.
5. Place the tenderloin into the pre-heated oven and roast for 10 minutes at 475°F. Reduce heat to 425°F and continue to roast for approximately 25 minutes. A meat thermometer inserted into the center of the meat should read 130° for medium-rare.
6. Remove from oven and tent with foil. Your meat will be juicer if you let it rest, covered with foil, for 10 minutes before slicing.
See more Beef Recipes Like Roasted Beef Tenderloin
Return to Dinner Menus and Recipes for This Week