(Prep Time: 10 minutes. Cooking Time: 25 minutes)
½ cup butter
1 onion, diced
¾ cup flour
32 ounce box, chicken broth
1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
1-2 Tablespoons, chili powder (depending on how much heat you like!
1 Tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
3 cups cooked, cooked chicken
2 (15 ounce) cans undrained cannellini beans
1-2 (4 ounce) cans diced mild green chiles
1. In a large stockpot, melt butter and sauté onions. Stir in flour and mix until flour is well blended
2. Add broth and evaporated milk cook over medium heat while stirring.
3. When mixture is thickened, add remaining ingredients, stirring after each addition. I would recommend adding only 1 can of the chiles at first, tasting, and then adding the other can if you prefer
4. Simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through.
5. Serve with desired toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped onions and cilantro
Serves 6-8 and leftovers freeze well