Steak Salad with Warm Pan Dressing
(Prep Time: 15 minutes. Cooking Time: 15 minutes)
1 (10 ounce) bag fresh baby spinach leaves
1.5 pounds steak (tenderloin, sirloin, porterhouse)
Salt and pepper to taste
½ teaspoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ onion, finely diced
½ cup dry red wine
2 Tablespoons, balsamic vinegar
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
½ teaspoon cornstarch
½ teaspoon salt
1. Rinse and drain spinach leaves and set aside in a large bowl.
2. Combine the red wine, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, cornstarch and salt from the pan dressing ingredients list in a small bowl, stir well and set aside.
3. Season both sides of steak with salt and pepper
4. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet until hot, but not smoking. Add steak and sear approximately 3-5 minutes per side.
Additional time may be needed for thicker steaks. Avoid turning or piercing more than necessary. (the steak will continue to cook after it is removed from heat, so cook it so it is a little more pink than you normally prefer)
5. Remove the steak from the pan, using tongs and cover steak with foil to keep warm
6. Return the pan that the steak was cooked in to medium heat (leave any pan drippings in the pan). When hot, add the garlic and onion from the pan dressing ingredients list and sauté until tender. Stir the liquid in the measuring cup from step two again, and add to the pan. Stir constantly for approximately 1 minute until well blended. Remove from heat.
7. Uncover steaks and cut off any fat. Slice steak into 1” pieces.
8. Pour pan dressing over spinach and toss. Divide spinach amongst 4 dinner plates. Place ¼ of cut up steak on top of spinach and serve.
See more Salad Recipes Like Steak Salad with Warm Pan Dressing
Return to Dinner Menus and Recipes for This Week