(Prep Time: 25 minutes. Cooking Time 25 minutes)
3 cups cooked chicken cut into ¾ inch dice (rotisserie chicken can be used or cook your own)
2 Tablespoons canned green chilies
1 small can sliced black olives
3 Tablespoons butter
½ large onion, diced
¼ cup flour
2 ½ cups, chicken broth
1 ½ teaspoons, ground cumin
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon chicken bouillon or concentrated chicken stock paste
1 cup light sour cream
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
8 (6”) tortillas (I use whole wheat)
1. Combine chicken, chilies and olives in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
2. Melt butter in a medium saucepan and sauté onion 2-3 minutes without browning. Remove pan from heat and stir in flour. Return to heat and add broth, cumin, salt, pepper and bouillon. Stir until thickened.
3. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and ½ of the cheese. Stir well. Measure out ½ cup of this sauce and add it to the chicken mixture and stir well.
4. Taking 1 tortilla at a time, place about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll tortilla up and place seam side down in a 9x13” glass baking pan. Repeat until all tortillas are filled.
5. Pour remaining sauce over filled tortillas and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
6. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.Serves: 6
Make Ahead Note: You can prepare this earlier in the day up through step 4 and refrigerate the filled tortillas and the sauce. 40 minutes before serving, pour sauce (may need to reheat this on low) over tortillas and bake for about 40 minutes or until hot.
Thanks for stopping by!
If you enjoy cooking or are looking for new recipes to try,
these are ways to see more yummy ideas:
Each week (usually on Mondays) I send out an e-Newsletter to over 11,000 people with a link to the free dinner menus and printable grocery list that I've created for the week. You can Sign Up for the Newsletter (it's free) to be added to my next mailing.
If you're interested in social media, or want to pick up tips
on how to use it, come join me at Clear Path Social on Twitter.
page on this site has a comment box, so if you want to share how a
recipe turned out or something you added to make it even better, feel
free to comment below!
|site search by freefind|
Over 11,000 subscribers receive my e-newsletter each week!
Would you like to be notified when new dinner menus are posted? I send out a weekly newsletter that also includes bonus recipes and cooking tips. Just fill in the box below and you will be put on the list to receive the next issue which you will receive via e-mail by Monday of each week.