(Prep Time: 25 minutes. Cooking Time 25 minutes)
3 cups cooked chicken cut into ¾ inch dice (rotisserie chicken can be used or cook your own)
2 Tablespoons canned green chilies
1 small can sliced black olives
3 Tablespoons butter
½ large onion, diced
¼ cup flour
2 ½ cups, chicken broth
1 ½ teaspoons, ground cumin
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon chicken bouillon or concentrated chicken stock paste
1 cup light sour cream
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
8 (6”) tortillas (I use whole wheat)
1. Combine chicken, chilies and olives in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
2. Melt butter in a medium saucepan and sauté onion 2-3 minutes without browning. Remove pan from heat and stir in flour. Return to heat and add broth, cumin, salt, pepper and bouillon. Stir until thickened.
3. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and ½ of the cheese. Stir well. Measure out ½ cup of this sauce and add it to the chicken mixture and stir well.
4. Taking 1 tortilla at a time, place about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll tortilla up and place seam side down in a 9x13” glass baking pan. Repeat until all tortillas are filled.
5. Pour remaining sauce over filled tortillas and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
6. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.Serves: 6
Make Ahead Note: You can prepare this earlier in the day up through step 4 and refrigerate the filled tortillas and the sauce. 40 minutes before serving, pour sauce (may need to reheat this on low) over tortillas and bake for about 40 minutes or until hot.