Thanks to Sue K. for contributing this recipe!
Prep Time: 10 minutes. Cooking Time: 10 minutes
2 (6ounce) salmon fillets, skin removed
Salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
¼ cup panko bread crumbs (Japanese bread crumbs that are coarser and stay crisper)
Mayonnaise (approximately ¼ cup, or enough to coat fillets)
3 Tablespoons, extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon butter
1. Lightly season the salmon with salt and pepper.
2. In a small bowl, combine cheese and bread crumbs.
3. Brush the salmon lightly with mayonnaise to coat.
4. Generously coat 1 side of the salmon with the cheese and panko mixture.
5. In a non stick sauté pan, add the olive oil and butter and place over high heat. When the oil is hot, carefully place the salmon in the pan, cheese side down. Turn temperature to medium heat and allow the salmon to cook for about 4 minutes before flipping over. The idea is to form a nice crispy, lightly brown crust. Turn the salmon and allow to cook for another 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan and serve.